Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Catching up in the kitchen.

Oh my. It has been a long while.

As soon as the actual construction started on May 19th, my everyday routine became a race. Not like a marathon where you do the whole thing in one day, but more like the Tour de France with daily stages to complete. But holy crap, those mountains! I couldn't keep up.

L>R: Backlog, Ongoing, Clean-up, Complete
My mistake was thinking I could do my portions of the work in the mornings before the contractor's crew arrived and in the evenings after they left. Trouble was, in between patching and painting walls at dawn or assembling cabinetry after dark, I did not slow down and rest in the middle of the day. After a month of working from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. on weekdays, and long days on the weekends, I wiped out. I lost a week to an illness; a major body infection. You do not want the details. I had to slow down. And that's how this blog fell off my Kanban Board.
By now, the base kitchen has been functioning for a month. Although there are still ongoing projects. I'm about to install reclaimed wood shelves in the meta kitchen. And the wall colors in the dining room and adjacent bathroom are all wrong with the new kitchen; I'll have to repaint them very soon.  But I have survived, and my children and husband are still alive, so let's declare victory and catch-up on what happened, starting with the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment